Tuesday 20 May 2014

MUA Lip Liners

I have never bothered with lip liners before now, but when I saw they were only £1 at the MUA display I thought I could buy a couple of colour and see how I get on. There were four colours to choose from, you can view them all HERE.

The colours I choose were, Red Drama because I wear red lips a lot, and Softly Lined because I thought it would be nice for natural pink toned looks.

Red Drama and Softly Lined

Red Drama



Softly Lined
First of all, I really like a lot of the MUA products and buy and use loads of them, but for me I really didn't like the Softly Lined colour, it just gave a shimmer to the outsides of my lips which I wasn't really looking for, I guess when you swatch something onto your hands the colour comes up pure but when it actually applies to the lips your natural lip colour is darker and so the colour wont show up the same. I don't see how I can use this one and I know it looks nice in the swatch above but it really doesn't show up at all on my lips.

I do love the Red Drama colour though, as a big fan of red lips I think lip liner is essential in creating the cleanest, smoothest effect and before now I never even bothered with it. Whenever I'm going to wear a red lip now I will take an extra minute to line my lips with this MUA Red Drama lip liner. They are so easy to apply and liners themselves are soft and pigmented and come with a sharpener in the lid which is handy, they are such great value at only £1. Next time I'm in Superdrug I think I will buy the darker pink colour and hope that it will show up better on my lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment