Friday 14 March 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

For the past few months I decided to buy the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, it was new at the time so I hadn't read any reviews, I just bought it on a whim. It is only £5.99 which is a great price, you can purchase this amazing creation HERE.

"Real Techniques by Sam Chapman introduces its new innovative Miracle Complexion Sponge. The Miracle Complexion Sponge will give you the pixel perfect, flawless base you have always dreamed of. The sponge is completely unique, featuring 3 distinct surfaces that give you 3 ways to apply liquid foundation."

I had heard about beauty blenders before, I have seen loads of people use them I just never really got round to getting one. I usually applied my foundation with a brush or my fingers and from past experiences of using a sponges I thought they soaked up most of the product which was a waste. But the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge has totally changed my mind.

Just bought myself a brand new one, it will be handy when my other one is drying
The sponge is bright orange, which is cool and is sort of egg shaped with a point on the bottom and a flat oval on the top, each area you can use for different techniques and results.
  • "Rounded sides - blend large areas of the face with a repeated "dabbing" or "stippling" motion"
  • "Precision tip - covers blemishes and imperfections"
  • "Flat edge - for the contours around the eyes and nose"
You can also use the sponge damp or dry, I  prefer using it a day after I have washed it, this way it still has moisture in it, but not too much. I tend to use the flat edge mostly, I first start of by wiping my foundation over my face then blending it out, for more coverage I use the flat edge again with a bit more foundation and just pat it onto my face, I find this technique is great for a flawless coverage and it works wonders with my foundation. I use my sponge with my Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation in Creamy Ivory, you can find out more about this product by clicking HERE.

My current foundation

Creamy Ivory (40)
The sponge has totally transformed how I apply and wear my foundation, it really does give such an even, smooth flawless coverage, I always thought only foundations could do this but it goes to show that the tools you use are just as important.

You can sort of see the flat edge and the point at the bottom
I now own two of these amazing sponges, I wanted to have one to use if the other needed washed or was drying, I try to wash it once a week, some people wash them every time after use but I find once a week works best with my foundation and skin. For just £5.99 I think this Miracle Complexion Sponge is such a fantastic product, I have been using it for months now and I can find no faults with it and it has made me want to buy more of the Real Techniques products.


No comments:

Post a Comment