Monday 24 February 2014

Chanel Beaute Des Cils Mascara Base

Last week I bought the Chanel Beaute Des Cils Mascara Base because my Dior one needed replaced and I thought I would try a different one for a change. I never bothered with mascara primers before but I decided to try the Dior one about six months ago and now I think they are fantastic! They are great for days you need your make up to last longer and they really help to hold your lashes in place all day, some primers are also enriched with lash caring ingredients which is beneficial for the condition of your lashes. You can also wear some of these lash caring primers at night although I never have.

Chanel Beaute Des Cils


The Chanel primer was £24 which is expensive but I wanted to try it for ages and the Dior one I normally use is £23 so its not a huge difference in price for me, also because you don't need to use it everyday it lasts longer so you don't need to buy it all the time.

"Beaute Des Cils is the 'specific beauty care' for lashes to be used on its own or as a primer. Worn under mascara, it intensifies and prolongs the makeup effect. Applied daily, it protects and acts like a rejuvenating treatment thanks to its nourishing and fortifying formula. Watch your lashes grow stronger." Find out more here.

Without Chanel Beaute Des Cils
With Chanel Beaute Des Cils



You can see the consistency and how it really coats your lashes, after a while it dries clear however some thicker areas of the primer stay white so I wouldn't recommend using this on it's own during the day. After it has dried applying mascara is easier as I usually find I only need the one coat but if you don't let it dry fully I feel like you just wipe it off with your mascara.


Chanel Beaute Des Cils

Brush Applicator

Overall I do like this primer it's just I think I prefer my Diorshow one as I feel it gives better results and I prefer the brush of my Diorshow Maximizer because it really holds my lashes in place all day, I feel that with the Chanel one they do lose some of their shape as the day goes on, not a huge amount but enough to notice the difference between this and my Diorshow Maximizer. The Chanel one is really good though and I will use it up but the next time I run out I will go back to my trusty Diorshow Primer. I also feel that the Diorshow Maximizer gives my lashes a bit more volume than the Chanel Beaut Des Cils. These are the only two eye lash primers I have used so let me know what your favourite one is so I can try others.


1 comment:

  1. Last week I bought the Chanel Beaute Des Cils Mascara Base because my Dior one needed replaced and I thought I would try a different one ... mascaracn.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete