Tuesday 21 January 2014

Wish Lish 2014


This is my wish list of mascaras I want to try in 2014, I might not get around to reviewing them all, but these are some that have caught my eye and I would like to review in the future. 




From left to right : 

L'Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara £10.99
"L'Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara extends the look of lashes towards the outer eye without clumps. For Lashes worth Fluttering."
I want to try this mascara because the brush looks so interesting, I haven't tried one this shape before, also I can’t resist the name "Lash Flutter" and I love butterflies which really draws me to this mascara.

Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara - Effet Faux Cils £24.50
This one claims: "A vastly spread look that captures all the light. A micro-faceted brush that creates volume lash by lash: lashes are multiplied, precisely defined, magnified."
I have used this mascara before, I think I loved it, but it did dry out quickly and I threw it away and forgot about it. When I see my lashes in photos when I was wearing it they look amazing, why did I stop using it? I am curious to try this one again, and if possible find a cheaper alternative or dupe.

MAC In Dimension 3D Lash £18.00
"M.A.C's lightweight whipped formula now in an intense blacker than black pigment saturates lashes root to tip, adds volume, extends length and creates curl, while conditioning for softness and flexibility. The final result: extreme dimension that won't smudge, clump or flake. Exclusive mega brush designed to apply optimal amount of mascara."
Sounds great to me! The brush of this mascara looks so good, I usually prefer the rubber/plastic brushes, I think they comb my lashes through better. I have only tried one MAC mascara before and I didn’t like it but this one looks like a better brush and sounds like a better formula, it’s a “lightweight whipped formula”, I have however found that these whipped formulas can dry out and flake easily.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara £12.00
I have wanted to try this mascara for a while now, I think it's because it looks so cute! It’s like a baby mascara and the packaging it so pretty as well. I have heard good things about this mascara and I think the price is decent, so I will definitely give it a try this year. I never really pay attention to my bottom eyelashes, I just use the same mascara as I do on my top lashes but I really want to try this regardless.



Urban Decay Lush Lash Growth Serum-Infused Conditioning Mascara £15.00
"Nourish, thicken and lengthen your lashes from the inside out. Infused with Peptides that lengthen the growth cycle (as well as moisturizing Panthenol), this formula builds AND beautifies them simultaneously."
This mascara is near the top of my list with its lengthening properties and conditioning treatment how could it not be, win-win. If it can make my eyelashes look amazing and at the same time condition them and help them grow I would wear this every day.

Lash Domination™ 10-in-1 Volumizing Mascara £16.00
This is another one I have wanted to try for a while, I really like a lot of the Bare Minerals products but I have never tried a mascara, hopefully this will be my first. My best friend has this mascara and I saw her use it and it looked really good.
"Volume you can see. Power you can feel. The be-all, end-all, 10-in-1 volumising, lengthening, thickening, separating, long-wearing mascara has arrived."

Maybelline the Rocket Volum' Express Mascara £7.99
This is Maybelline's newest mascara, I have tried dozens of their other ones so I think I should give this one a go as well, they are always a fair price and most of them are pretty good.

Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara £24.00
"Volume Length Curl Seperation Mascara. For a sophisticated result- Extreme VOLUME, absolute LENGTH, bold CURL: your lashes take on a new dimension and become the assets of fascinating, intense eyes." Literally everything I want in a mascara, will it deliver? This mascara is more expensive, but it is Chanel, if the mascara does deliver on all of its claims then it’s worth the £24.00 in my opinion.



Sublime De Chanel £24.00
"Infinite length and curl. An innovative, precious mascara for every-day wear, SUBLIME DE CHANEL expresses a timeless and ideal vision of femininity down to the tips of the lashes."
Another Chanel mascara, maybe a comparison between the two would be good. This one does sound similar to the Inimitable Intense Mascara, but I like the look of this brush, it has super fine bristles which are great for separation and definition.

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara £21.00
I have used this mascara before and remember liking it and it also smelt like roses, the packaging is so cute and I want to try this one again so I can review it properly and start comparing it to my other reviews. There are a few Lancome mascaras I have used in the past, I have liked most of them but I found that similar to the YSL Babydoll, they dried out too quickly.
"Hypnôse Doll Eyes coats every single lash without weighting them down, for a wide-eye look."

Dior Multi-Dimensional New Look Volume & Treatment Mascara £23.00
"The new prodigious mascara with volume enhancer action, lash by lash. An exclusive nano-brush captures and coats every single lash, even the tiniest ones. A Lash Multiplier™ serum treatment formula thickens, separates and extends the lashes for an infinitely multiple lash effect."
I currently have the Dior Iconic which I will review, when I was buying the Iconic I couldn’t decide between it and the New Look so I want to try this one as well.

Chanel BEAUTÉ DES CILS Nourishing Mascara Base £24.00
"BEAUTÉ DES CILS is the 'specific beauty care' for lashes to be used on its own or as a primer. Worn under mascara, it intensifies and prolongs the makeup effect. Applied daily, it protects and acts like a rejuvenating treatment thanks to its nourishing and fortifying formula. Watch your lashes grow stronger."
I currently use the Diorshow primer and I love it, but I am curious to try something new, a comparison of the two would be good. I use my primer every day, it helps condition the lashes and can help your mascara last longer. I really like lash treatments, either in the mascara or as a primer, don’t forget that healthy lashes are the most important thing in finding a perfect mascara for them.

Hopefully at the end of the year I can award one of these mascaras “Mascara of the Year 2014”  If I do get round to trying and BUYING them all, the grand total of all these mascaras is £220.48!



No comments:

Post a Comment